Sunday, October 7, 2012

Brackenwood Gallery Show Opening



"A View of Notions", Oil on Wood Panel, 36x72  diptych

Well HellllooOOOOOooooo there! It's been a while since my last post due to baby duty... or shall I say, baby "dooty"... but I am excited to announce that I had my first solo show opening last night at the Brackenwood Gallery in Langley, WA. 

Yes, I recently found some time to get up to my studio and paint! Thanks to the loving support of family and friends that watched Avery while I spent the time I desperately needed, with my paint brushes. In fact, my dad flew out here from Chicago for a whole month just to hang out with his new grand daughter, so that I could finish my work. Amazing. And boy was it worth it! The show was a complete success! I met many new wonderful people of Whidbey Island, WA and ended up selling FOUR paintings to all new collectors! 

If you are local and are interested in stopping by the gallery, the show is up until October 29th. Also view a virtual tour online of the show by pressing the "click to view" button above! 

Thank you to all my collectors, friends, and family for making this show possible and for giving me a renewed energy to get back into the studio and paint paint paint!!!!! 

While this is the first show and ONLY show of the year for me, I look forward to what 2013 has to offer... my studio time is limited but I am looking at that as a GOOD thing. It has forced me to slow down a bit with my painting process as a result my work is more thoughtful. New things are on the horizon for my easel and I! And I have one cute little baby girl to thank for all that. 

"Avery Lynn Phillips", Tiny Baby made with sugar spice and everything nice
NFS




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!

Congrats on the new gallery :) Love the new pieces-especially the one of your daughter!!

-Dawn