Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reflecting On Andrew Wyeth

It was a sad moment to hear of Andrew Wyeth's passing yesterday. At 91 I am sure he had a very full life... I have many memories of sitting on the floor of my dad's studio with several of his books in hand, just taking in all the visual eye candy each page had to offer.

Tonight I finished my "Road to Lilliano" commission. (note to self: will post the rest of the stages this week) As I washed my last brush, I turned to see the wonderful sky that was glowing on the horizon. What a treat to be able to celebrate with such a gorgeous end to a productive day... I climbed my studio ladder to the roof top and smiled as I watched the sun disappear behind the mountains.

I bet Andrew Wyeth has the best seat in the house...


1 comment:

Casey Klahn said...

Well said.

Not everyone gets a rooftop sunset in Seattle, tho!