Monday, December 8, 2008

This Just In... VENTILATE YOUR STUDIO!

My newest commission!
"The Road to Lilliano"
Oil and noxious fumes on canvas.
36x48 


Ventilate: (verb) to cause air to enter and circulate freely.

I have been working on a new project for a wonderful couple I met at one of my shows back in May. It is my first extra large painting that I have done in my new studio. Lucky me! I have found out that my studio lacks a certain necessity for an oil painter. AIR. The kind that flows in and on it's way out, takes with it all the harmful fumes that accumulate when painting like I do. Instead, they linger. So I turn a little green and pass out for a couple of minutes, and then I am good to go. Just kidding, it's not that bad, but unfortunately it does cause my painting sessions to be a bit short.

This piece is wonderfully inspiring. It is farther along than this picture reveals at this point, and I am waiting for paint to dry to the touch before I can continue so I thought I would post some pictures of my process in the mean time. So I will begin feeding my blog updates daily... so stay tuned and you will see, just what a cool painting this will be! If you have time to come and play, you will find out how it changes every day! In the end it will become, something that doesn't look so dumb... Ok, kidding again. It's not dumb, I was just trying to rhyme. It's just that as we all know, the beginning steps of a painting look a bit rough around the edges so to speak. So close your eyes and come back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Nina Aidas said...

Can´t wait to see the continuation of this painting =) Happy holidays Jennifer!