Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Table for One Please

4"x4"
Oil Pastel on hardboard
$75


So tonight I sat down at my table for a wonderful dining experience. On the menu was a feast for the eyes, including a massive spread of big buttery oil pastel sticks for me to munch on... my favorite. I grabbed them by the handfulls and inhaled their beautiful aroma. I almost began to chew on color number eleven, but managed to snap out of it just in time! Instead I put them to better use and produced a few more paintings. 

I am so in love with the texture they produce... the past couple days of painting have been rough ones for me. Was having trouble painting in general. It actually felt so forced. Instead of giving up though, I pushed through it. Now I have a few new oil pastels unlike any others I have done before... so I guess I had a break through.

4 comments:

Karen Appleton said...

Hey Jennifer,
Thanks for visiting my blog, I love love love your work!
Your website is fantastic too! I'm looking forward to seeing more of what you and Bert come up with!

Just Plain 'Jane' said...

Love your blog. Read it everyday. Please keep it comin'!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

I finally made it home
to receive the three paintings
that you sent me.

They are WONDERFUL!!!

Thank you SO much!!!

Sincerely,
-Malcho

Jennifer Phillips said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words!
Enjoy your new paintings Malcho! Glad they made it to you in one piece!