Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Launching a New Series...not a small feat...

A couple days ago, I introduced my newest series of little itty bitty landscapes so small that I want to keep them all for myself! Because if you know me, I am addicted to all things tiny...So I have appropriately titled them a landscape "In your Pocket", because they really are that small!
When out and about painting or getting inspiration from the landscape around me, it is fun to capture my little discoveries in this format. It is a great way to avoid the detail, and focus on color and contrasting brush strokes to create a mood. You can visit some of them here.
Tonight I started to prepare more tiny surfaces to work on. I have a new size to play with - a whole 2.75" to paint on! If the rain stays away I will go to Discovery Park and see what ends up flowing off the tip of my brush...

No comments: