Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Time to Reflect


Reflections
Oil on Panel
24x48
SOLD through the Cole Gallery

GasP! It's a miracle! She types again! Yes, I have abandoned my blog tremendously over the past few months... It's all due to that darn "list of things I wanna accomplish" post that I made at the beginning of the year. (to see the post "Dear Finger Pointer", that I am referring to click here)

But that is all ok. I new, with such steep goals, I would get derailed from the regular things in life, from the routine that I so enjoyed controlling... I had hoped I wouldn't, but I tend to fool myself sometimes.

So needless to say, I have been getting emails and inquiries from some of you asking, " So? What happened Jen? HelloooOOOO? What were the results? What did you accomplish? Did you like doing all those art fairs? Any advice?"... and my response? Well, I'm still thinking about all that.

It has been a few weeks since my last show of the year, and I have yet to make the time to sit down with myself and analyze everything. But I will. And I need to. Because if I, Jen Phillips business owner painter person, want to continue to be successful, I need to put a new plan o' tack in place for next year based off of my successes AND failures from THIS year... NOW!

So over the next couple weeks, while I am trying to paint 3 new paintings for a show at the Cole Gallery in January, plan an additional 15 or so for an other two shows at galleries in March and April, and finish all the custom orders I owe some collectors, (and breathe), I will be using my nights to self analyze and plan. And then I will post again, for you to see, how crazy I actually am...

In the mean time, while you are waiting for me to get my bloggie act together, stop by the Cole Gallery in Edmonds to check out my newest paintings on display!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! A new post and Jen is back *bored out of my mind* lol welcome back to bloggie world 