Monday, September 21, 2009

I WON! (in many ways...)

Welp, I have been away for a little while from this blogging world, to Vegas and back, to build fences, and catch up on life's adventures... and a few things have happened that I peg as pretty eventful in my life... so here I share...

Refresh
32"x24" Oil on Panel (Diptych)
Original Available $2,070
Giclee Limited Edition Prints Available in several sizes: click here!

Thank you thank you thank you!... to everyone who voted! I am excited to finally announce that I won viewer's choice award, with 104 total votes! You guys are awesome~ What does that mean for me? For one, I get even more exposure online as I will get my painting posted on the page with all the winners for the next few months... the more exposure the better as you never know who you are going to meet and where! And for two, I get to feel this awesome feeling of "Wow, they like me! They really really like me!" and use that energy as inspiration for upcoming new oil paintings that are brewing in my little artsy head of mine! Thanks so much everybody for your support!

Another way I have won this past month is that I have been given the opportunity to give back! And I am a total giver, so it works out as a win win for everyone~ this weekend I will be participating in Strides Against Breast Cancer as a fund raising event in the Everett area. I will be selling my tree charms there that day and donating a portion of the proceeds to this charity!

I will be bringing a whole new line of Scrabble Tile Charms to the event that you may be interested in: some with creepy doll faces and beetles and stuff! Pretty cool! Here is my team website page if you want to get involved OR just show up to look at some awesome stuff!
Lastly, but not leastly, MY GIGANTISAURUS PAINTING HAS SOLD! This has been added to my list of one of the most gratifying experiences I have had to date as an artist! Not only did I enjoy the process of painting this bugger, but the feeling I got once I delivered to the new owners was priceless! It was theeeee most perfect fit in their beautiful home~ so perfect, it was as if I had painted it just for this space! It now resides in a room that is freshly renovated with wonderful warm tone wood floors and gorgeous stone countertops and fireplace! The painting sits front and center no fresh white walls, with lighting that just makes it glow! It's amazing. I can't wait to do another big one for sure! It was also fun to explore the limits of my Jeep Wrangler and how big of a painting it can actually haul!

So over the next couple days I will be finishing up over 100 Scrabble Charms to bring to the show this weekend, while I get over a nasty cold sinus boogery thing I got in Vegas last weekend... Nice. Talk to you all soon!

6 comments:

Arco Scheepen said...

Congrats! You deserved it...

Cheers,
Arco

Casey Klahn said...

Very nice! Congratulations on the election, and the big patronage, Jennifer.

Lisa McShane said...

Such lovely news all around! Congratulations.

Kerri Settle said...

Congratulations on your achievements, Jennifer! You deserved it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Hope your cold gets better...make sure you use the tissue with the lotion!! ;) HAHA

Jennifer Phillips said...

Thanks everybody... I am finally on the mend - Puffs with Lotion definitely saved my nose for sure!

Still sleeping in my studio with a nasty cough that keeps my husband awake. Hopefully it will go away soon!