Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Fantastic Day at "Art in the Alley"

Artist's in the Alley... literally.

Balloons Make Me Happy! I think this may be my next profile picture... hmmmm...

My studio exterior shot. We set up my artfair booth on the driveway and featured the artwork of Ethan Jack Harrington and Nick Orban on it. You could then walk through the booth into my studio space to view my paintings. I didn't manage to capture a picture of my work that day... as usual, I was chatty and buzzin' around quite a bit, so I forgot to take photos again. Luckily some of the other artists did, so here are a couple more...

This grouping of artworks are by Susan Melrath. She was featured in the courtyard at Jean's studio - a great little spot!

Another shot of the garden where Jean Bradbury featured her own work.

All in all the day of our first open studio event was a total success! Heck! We even got written up on the Queen Anne View Blog! (see article here) It was sooo exciting to be able to meet all the artist's and our Queen Anne neighbors! The day was full of sun, beautiful artwork (art sales too), great conversations, wine, and lots and lots of laughter! I can't wait to do it again next year! Thanks to all the artist's who participated and for everyone who came out to support our local artists... and I can't forget, thanks Jean for organizing such a fantastic day!

9 comments:

Deborah Burns said...

Hi Jen!

It was great to see you and your studio, and to meet Susan.

Love your studio with it's view! A very nice place for you to work and create.

~Deborah

Urban Soule said...

Congrats Jen!
Sorry I missed the event!
I quit DS last week! Now Im a full time painter too!

susan said...

hi, jen - what a great day! i enjoyed meeting you and seeing your work. i hope we can stay in touch. i posted also on my blog at www.susanmelrath.blogspot.com

Jennifer Phillips said...

Thanks everyone~ Deb it was so good to see you as always, thanks for your support! Kim CONGRATULATIONS on your full time artist status - I am sure you will really take off even more than before! Keep next year in mind for doing the open studio event... Susan, I will definitely will keep in touch! You are a fantastic artist and person - so glad we met!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!

Love your work! Your blog is quite entertaining too(Bert...LOL)! Glad I came across another talented art blog, look forward to seeing your new works in the near future. Keep creating those scrabble charms! People dig those :) Ciao!

Dawn

Jennifer Phillips said...

Thanks Dawn! Seems we share the love of trees - was they are often a subject in your paintings too! Fantastic! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

;) Your welcome. Nature is inspiring!

Mira said...

Hi Jennifer - Just stopping in to check in and see your newest and greatest. Love the balloon pic and yes, it'd make a great profile pic.
Mira (Detroit Steel)

Nina Aidas said...

Oh to bad I missed it! Guess what, I have actually moved all the way from Stockholm to Seattle to study architecture! :) I'm so in love with this city already! Would have been great to have seen your studio, do you have any new shows coming up? I will have to buy some Saparindian from you some day!