Monday, August 4, 2008

Road Trip


Welp, I haven't been painting this week. Guess I needed a much longer break from last weekend's festivities than I thought. Had a few things to catch up on at home... simple things that got pushed to the way side, like doing laundry, cleaning dishes, showering, brushing my teeth, and walking my attention starved dog... all easy to put off when you are planning a big art show.
Saturday I decided to treat Dozer and I to a road trip up north. We went to the Anacortes Arts Festival for the day! What a treat! It was one of the first times I actually got to attend an art fair as an observer - cause I don't have a real jobbie job! Yeeeah, my schedule is fairly open.
I was able to stop and take several new reference photos for paintings that I will conquer this month, so it was well worth the trip, and kind of dangerous as I was taking photos while trying to drive (worse than talking on a cell).
Before we left Anacortes I found this look out called Cap Sante Point. It was so gorgeous! It was a rocky ledge that overlooked all of the town and marina with a 360 degree view of the ocean. You need to check it out if you are ever in the area.
So I promise to make my next post a new painting. I have several new events I am painting for this month. Once again I will be painting feverishly trying to make my deadlines! I am excited to be showing at Neptune Coffee September 1st as well as writing a how to article for Ampersand this month! Additionally I am VERY honored and ecstatic that I have been invited to show at the Howard/Mandville Gallery in Kirkland in November for their 18th Annual Miniature Show! Check out my website for more details! 

No comments: